Botany - Herbarium
The collections contain approximately 2,900,000 lots, where the largest sections are the seven herbaria.
The museum is also caretaker of the Agricultural University Herbarium as well as Queen Ingrids Herbarium with plants from the Gråsten Castle Gardens.
The botanical collections of the museum are available for research and outreach purposes, but access is limited to some of them. Please contact the relevant curator and/or collection manager for further information about access.
- General herbarium (vascular plants outside Denmark and Greenland)
- Danish herbarium (vascular plants from Denmark)
- Greenland herbarium (vascular plants from Greenland)
- Bryophyte herbarium (bryophytes from all parts of the world)
- Algal herbarium (algae from all parts of the world)
- Lichen herbarium (lichens from all parts of the world)
- Fungal herbarium (fungi from all parts of the world)
- Queen Ingrids herbarium (in Danish)
- Agricultural University Herbarium
- Plant Pathology
A visit to the herbarium
Digitisation of Danish grasses
Our entire collection of nearly 30.000 Danish grasses has been digitised by dutch heritage company Picturae and will be publicly available through www.GBIF.org soon thanks to a private donation.